This is the foundation of our training. Whether you are a group exercise instructor, personal trainer or looking to change careers, this is our entry level training. With this format you have tutor time and take personal responsibility to practice before, during and after Tutor Face to Face time. There is a recommended period of at least 4 weeks teaching practice before your final assessment with a suggestion of 5-7 hours teaching practice per week.
Recommended 60 hours practice time – this covers self practice, home study, paperwork completion and practice teaching and is completed before, during and after the tutor attended days.
Lecture Hours include:
- Movement essence and exercise goals.
- Muscular initiation and sequencing.
- Breakdown of fundamental repertoire to beginner and mixed ability movement levels.
- Teaching skills : looking for proper execution of the exercises.
- Class design, exercise variations and modifications.
- Review of moves and Pilates specific cueing issues.
- Preparation and closing phases, movement transitions.
- Effective communication, verbal cueing and effective imagery.
- Workbook requirements documenting understanding of Health and Safety / Emergency issues and understanding of the group education dynamic. General and Pilates specific anatomy knowledge assessment.
- General review of paperwork / workbook requirements.
- Practice teaching with feedback.
- Mock assessment of 2-3 moves for practical preparation (mobility and strength).
- Multiple choice theory paper.
4 Days : 32 lecture hours,
Self Study, Assessment and Workbook Completion 18 Hours,
Self practice- class attendance - 20 hours
Teacher Development - Total 70 Hours